Thread: Lemon

Default Lemon

Hello to all,

Like all of you I am desperately trying to find ways to alleviate the symptoms of my skin disease. I have been suffering from Rosacea for over 2 years now, and tried all kinds of dematological treatments without effect.
    I am writing these words today to tell you that the only thing that helps my rosacea rashes (papulo-pustules) go away is the topical application of pure fresh lemon juice on the skin.
    It stings a bit, but heals the rashes overnight and contributes greatly to the disappearance of the infected pimples. I apply the lemon juice with a cotton bud on the needed regions at night, before going to bed.
    I learnt of this after a post by a French lady on a little intimate forum, and I must say I have been really flabbergasted at the immediate results. (I don't have seb derm, but rosacea. I had a biopsy confirming that).

Any other positive experiences with lemon juice among you? Thank you and I hope my post helps some of you! It may not work for everybody, but for me it does, and that's the only thing that works I am afraid. Now what I don't understand is that the medical labs seem to ignore the properties of acidic lemon juice for treatment. .. (?)

Hi Contessa
    I too have discovered the benefits of fresh lemon juice on my skin. We first tried it for my daughters acne, and it cleared her skin in 2 weeks. I have found that my skin is much calmer and less oily since i have used it.
    I think it works because the lemon makes your skin more acidic ( normal skin has a ph of 4.5-6) and most facial products are very alkaline which encourages bacteria to multipy. Also the alkaline products strip the skin so the skin then produces more sebum to moisturiser it, so making it more oily.
    I have been using it for about 6 months and will continue as it works for me. Glad you have found something which helps
    Becca

Thanks Becca for your answer, I hope it can help other persons too.

I don't know if anyone has tried the essential oil of lemon (citrus limonum?)

Did your redness ever decrease while applying it topically?

Hi -

Lemon is very acidic and can impair the skin barrier. It can irritate the skin with consistent use, so be careful in using it.

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/ingredie...y.aspx?lid=518

Yvette

Default Lemon

I wonder if apple cider vinegar would work similarly, but with less risk of irritation?

Hi -

I've read some posts on acne.org about folks using Apple Cidar Vinegar (diluted 50:50 with water) with some success. I've never tried it though. If you try it, dilute it and try it in a small area only, in case you experience redness or a reaction. Best to try things out cautiously to see if you skin takes to it.

Good luck and please share if you try it out.

Regards,

Yvette