Thread: does rosacea spread to other parts of your body?

Default does rosacea spread to other parts of your body?

I just went for a slight jog today, and I felt burning and stinging on both sides of my thighs. I came home, and it was really red and burns. Does rosacea spreads?

did some research: could it be Hyperhidrosis?

Defining Hyperhidrosis (misspelled hyperhydrosis) - Sweating is necessary to control body temperature during times of exercise and warm/hot surroundings. Sweating is regulated by the sympathetic nervous system. In 0.6 to 1.0% of the population, this system is revved-up and works at a very high level causing sweating to occur at inappropriate times in specific areas of the body. This condition is known as hyperhidrosis.

http://www.hyperhidrosis-usa.com/

I am currently taking chinese medicine for hyperthyroidism. I am still unsure if I have rosacea or this. I have high metabolism, never gained a weight even after eating HUGE amount of food. And I am skinny, 107 pd, 5"6. But I do recognize I flush less after the chinese meds + diet.

i developed flushing on my chest, stomach, back of arms,shoulders as well as face. Clonidine has helped a lot. I was told by my dermatologist that it could be a rare form of rosacea that can effect your body.

Maybe it's related to cholinergic urticaria. Some people even get hives from it.

Thanks for the replies! they disappeared after the day gone by. very weird, the stinging stopped too!

I don't think rosacea can present anywhere other than the face, as facial skin has an extremely high vascular density which is effectively a precondition for the disease. Erythema elsewhere is probably due to urticaria (as a previous poster suggested), inflammation from physical abrasion, allergic inflammation, localised fungal/bacterial infection or a distinct systemic condition like lupus.

What distinguishes rosacea from (most of) these is that it is "pointless" redness - there is no external cause for the inflammation.

Simon

I think rosacea can be present on other parts of the body, especially on the chest, that isn't that rare, right? I first developed flushing on the cheeks, now i flush on my chest, throat/neck, knees, hands and arms also. Cheeks and chest are the worst parts. I don't know if it's true rosacea but i definitely feel it's connected in some way... I mean, if it isnt connected, then why does my chest turn red at the same time as my face to the same triggers?

I have the redness stretch all the way to my waistline on really bad flares. It's primarily on my whole face, ears and on the neck under the ears, but as things flare it stretches. At this point I have some solid base redness always present on my shoulders and upper back. I'm far less concerned about anything that isn't the face.