Thread: Sudocrem - Are the ingredients rosacea-friendly?

Default Sudocrem - Are the ingredients rosacea-friendly?

Hi,
    I've used Sudocrem for many years as it is great at keeping my seb derm down. If I stop using it I usually get a scaley buildup forming on my face in 2-3 days. Sudocrem is mainly used for babies nappy (diaper) rash, eczema, acne, minor burns etc.

However since developing rosacea over the past year I've become very careful about the chemicals that go on my face. Looking at the ingredients, are there any considered to be bad for rosacea?

Zinc oxide, Benzyl alcohol, Benzyl benzoate, Benzyl cinnamate, Lanolin, Purified water, liquid paraffin, paraffin wax, beeswax, microcrystalline wax, sodium bezoate, linalyl acetate, propylene glycol, citric acid, butylated hydroxyanisole, sorbitan sesquioleate, lavendar fragrance

More information on Sudocrem can be found here:
    http://www.sudocrem.co.uk/index.cfm/editID/125

I used it once for acne, prior to being diagnosed or recognizing that I had rosacea.
    The result was my skin burnt like hell, I washed it off and it still burnt like hell.
    In retrospect, the fact that the second ingredient (and therefore, logically, the second most abundant ingredient) is an alcohol, it's probably not good for rosacean's to put that anywhere near their faces.

whereas I have used it consistently for a year and it has been nothing but beneficial to my skin. I apply a thin layer last thing at night and not once has it aggravated my skin, which is generally hypersensitive to most topicals.

I actually have even better results using Savlon as my morning and evening mosituriser - it's another antiseptic healing cream, but doesn't leave a white residue on your skin so ideal for use during the day.