Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NOSE SWELLING

Default NOSE SWELLING

Hi Everyone,
    Can anyone give any advice/help on nose swelling & burning .
    I have been taking 10 mg of Accutane for 12 months ,but this as not been as good as i hoped . My nose is still swelling at the tip more than the sides .
    Is there anyone out there that as any success with anything My family as got rhynompha in its genes so it looks like i am going to have it.
    It would be nice to here some good news for once .
    Shaun

Hi Shaun, - Have you noticed ANY difference at all since starting the 10mg. a year ago?

Yes, only that the oil reduction & the pours have shrunk.
    The sweling as gradually increased.
    Shaun

Hi Shaun

Same thing happened to me, therefore I stopped using Accutane about 3 months ago.

RHC

Sorry to hear that ,what do you use in the place of Accutane & has your oil production come back ? do you think your swelling as increased since stopping
    Shaun

I use sea kelp from www.skinactives.com and Zinco.. thats it.

Swelling has increased a little bit, but not bad ..

isn't accutane supposed to reduce swelling, fibrosis, and sebaceous gland activity?

i've found that my nose shrunk initially, but seems to have stabilized. some of the bumps still seem hard, perhaps harder than before, which is distressing. i've been looking into salicylic acid: http://forum.rosaceagroup.org/viewtopic.php?t=4013

Default hi shaun!!!!!!

Shaun,

I'm sorry you havent had stellar results using accutane. Like you, i am now in my 12th month of accutane, 10mgs daily. My nose overall seems better, but after the constant swelling it has become permanently red and i have to cover it with makeup.

At different times of the day, my nose swells up and then goes back down. The MAJOR difference since taking the accutane is that i no longer get lesions on the inside or outside of my nose. Thank goodness because they were really, really painful.

I guess i am going to stick with 10mgs daily for another year and then hopefully do some laser surgery. I still get crappy sores on my face but they seem to be getting less severe.

Shaun, maybe you just need a little more time. What does your derm say?

keep me posted.

liz

Hi Liz,
    The derm said that i should stop taking Accutane while i am taking
    MOXONIDINE that he prescibed to me i am taking 200mg 3 times a day.
    as yet i have had no improvement , i have reduced the Accutane to twice a week .
    He said that i need to reduce the burning & this will help that. in return this should ease the swelling .
    I am seeing him in October & if this does not work he will look at other ways.
    He seems like a caring derm so i wll go with what he says for the time being.
    Nice to see you have had some improvement about time one of us did.
    Shaun

There seems to be mixed views on accutane, I want to go on it very bad but low dose of course. I am 26 years old. All my rosacea symptoms are in my nose. I have redness, large pores, very bad oil, swelling, all the things that are leading to Rhynophyma. I have read lots of articles that taking Accutane in low doses before the full blown Rhynophyma hits can reverse the stages of rhynophyma. I have had lots of ipl treatments even 2 with doctor soldo and no help, the only thing that I feel will help me at this point in my life is being on low dose accutane. I am aware of the side effects and I am a male so no worries about the birth issues. I have been feeling very bad becuase I have been seeing my derm for 2 years now and she is starting to tell me that I should maybe try low dose accutane for the early stages of rhynphyma start tackling it early Only thing is she cant prescribe it becuase i would be the first to be on it and she is not registered to prescribe it so now I have to find a new doctor which is hard to find because most docs dont know anything about rosacea and espeically Rhynophyma. If you dont kind me asking How long have some of you had your nose swelling and your ages before taking Accutane. Thanks