Thread: Lemon juice/salt water and HIVES?

Default Lemon juice/salt water and HIVES?

Ive been drinking water with lemon and sea salt for 3 days now and ive developed itchy bumps on my upper back. It looks and feels like back acne but its itchy. Is this like a detox symptom or could I have a citris allergy? Anyone experience this?

I don't know Will. I suppose it could be an allergy to citrus? Have you changed anything else of late? It's possible that it's a healing reaction but it depends on how many other changes you have made just lately. Perhaps you can stop the drink for a few days to see if the bumps/itch subside. Try making one change at a time so that you can pin point exactly what is causing any reaction. Slowly, slowly is the key.

Do keep us posted.

Jen
    Currently trying: Apr 06 Bee Wilder's Candida (natural healing) Diet; May 06 Home made red LED array; Aug 06 ZZ ointment.

Im hoping its a healing process myself. Im going to continue with the drink for a couple more days to see if this subsides. Its really hard when you get one weird symptom after another. I will post my results.

I recently experienced the same thing, and I thought my rosacea was changing from type 1 to type 2.

In the end, I determined it was heat-induced hives. Hives subside by themselves in a day or two, so if I were you I'd keep on drinking the lemon drink and see if they go away. Because if you stop drinking it and they go away, you'll never know if it was because of the drink or if they would have gone away anyway.
    KNOWLEDGE = POWER

Citris can be a strong histamine releaser. I gave myself the second worst flare of my life with homemade lemonade.

So - It might be the lemons

Well, I had a big glass of lemon water last night and didnt wake up all itchy but i did take an antihistamine so it could be covering it up. Anyhow, Im going to continue with the drink and see if it subsides. Also, I have started putting yogurt on my face in a desperate attempt to control the irritation to my face in case its yeast related (I recently developed a weird case of a white tongue and I have several other related symptoms). I dont think the yogurt is actively doing much BUT it feels awesome on my face when I get it right out of the fridge and put it on. heheheh. Never thought I would find myself putting food on my face. I'll keep you all posted on the lemon water regimine

Well, this is day 5 I think and I must say I do believe there is something to this lemon juice thing. Im tempted to get some ph testing strips to see how much more alkaline my body is now. I wonder if that has something to do with the response to the skin. Hopefully none of this is just wishful thinking but I will continue to use this method. Btw, is it common to have worse facial irritation upon waking? Thats a frequent issue for me still.